You’re invited to visit Keller’s Farmstand in Oswego!
Here’s what teachers have to say:
“This was a terrific fieldtrip– very “hands on” and engaging for the children…” K.M., Yorkville, IL
“Keller Farm is a great place! The Keller Family is so friendly and you can tell they have a passion for what they do. The kids had so much fun and learned so much. I would 110% recommend a field trip to Keller Farm.” T.S., Bristol, IL
“We loved the trips! We will be back in the fall!” K.H., Joliet, IL
- Topics relating to farm life, such as weather, technology, seasons, seeds/plants, food chains, nutrition, farm safety, Illinois geography & history, economics, problem solving, measurement, and estimation
- Tour topics may vary depending on group’s age level and interests, as well as tour guide’s teachable moments encountered
What a class trip includes:
- An age-appropriate walking tour of our working farm, including seasonal machinery and animals
- a wagon ride weather permitting
- Hands-on play time in our sheltered straw maze and grain tables (corn, oats, and soybeans)
- A safe, smoke-free environment for learning
Fall tours focus on apples, pumpkins and grain harvest. Students receive a small pumpkin or gourd to take home and a discounted pass to our Fall weekend activities.
If you choose, your students may visit our play area after your tour has finished. Teachers and chaperones are responsible for supervision of children.
We do not offer Spring, Summer or Winter tours at this time.
What a class trip does not include:
This is a working farm, so there are no:
- Carnival rides or inflatable jumpers
- Paved pathways at this time (Trails are gravel or grass/dirt.)
- Drinking fountains or permanent bathrooms (portable potties on site)
- Concessions facilities (no gum, candy, or food allowed on the tour)
School Trips: Preschool – Grade 2
- Tours are offered Thursdays and Fridays at 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 1:00 p.m., in the Fall (late September- October)
- Tours will last approximately 1 hour. Teachers and chaperones must remain with the tour and are in charge of discipline and monitoring the whereabouts of students at all times.
- The maximum number per tour is 30 students. If your class exceeds 30 students, a second tour slot is required, and your class will be split. Classes may also be split to accommodate a large number of parent chaperones.
- The minimum number per tour is 15 students, or a combination of students and chaperones equal to at least $90. All groups will be charged a minimum of $90.
- 2 tour/class slots are available for each time (i.e. 2 classes of 30 for a total of 60 students at 9:30).
- Fees: **Same prices as last year!** $6.00 per student; $4.00 per chaperone (minimum one teacher/chaperone for every five K-2 students, one teacher/chaperone for every four preschoolers); teachers and school staff are free.
- A $25 non-refundable deposit per tour slot is required to hold your reservation. This deposit is due within 7 days of confirming your tour date. The deposit amount will be deducted from your total balance which is due the day of your trip.
- Sibling attendance for preschool tours is allowed at the school’s discretion. Keller’s Farmstand tour staff must be notified in advance, as it may affect the number of tour slots necessary to fit your group. Siblings aged 2 yrs. and up will be charged the $6.00 student fee. Children younger than 2 yrs. are not recommended. Schools are responsible for informing parents of these policies. Chaperones who arrive at the fieldtrip with unpaid siblings will be charged for their admission.
- It is the teacher or school’s responsibility to inform parents of the school’s chaperone policies. It is up to the school to decide how many chaperones can attend a fieldtrip, as long as the minimum for supervision have been met (minimum one teacher/chaperone for every five K-2 students, one teacher/chaperone for every four preschoolers). The teacher should be aware upon arrival for the tour which parents have paid admission to be chaperones. Before arrival at the farm, teachers will be given stickers to distribute to the chaperones who have paid admission. Students or chaperones who have not paid will be charged admission before the tour begins.
- No refunds for cancellations made less than 1 week prior to date. No refunds issued for absent students or chaperones.
- Keller’s is not responsible for navigational errors of group drivers or chaperones. Groups arriving late for a tour will receive a shortened tour of the farm, at the tour guides’ discretion.